Our Flat Fee PPM service is for start ups, equity crowdfunding rounds, private businesses, small public companies, hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, and more. Whether you’re starting, or running, a limited partnership, LLC, or a corporation, we develop the corresponding documents that get delivered to investors. Our staff completes your PPM, front-to-back, typically within 15 days. We also prepare and file your Form D with the SEC, and the appropriate states (see “Step 5” below for details). You interact with our staff providing the information we need to compile your PPM. When we’re finished your PPM and supporting documents will be ready for investors.
Our service includes:
- 1 PPM (504, 506(b), 506(c))
- Layout suggestion and advice (non-legal)
- Exhibits (Subscription Agreement, Investor Questionnaire, Operating Agreement, ERISA, Patriot Act Disclosures, etc.)
- Form D Filing (SEC/Edgar)
Sample information you may need to provide:
- Comprehensive Business Plan;
- Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash Flow);
- Articles of Incorporation or Formation (Corp, LLC, LP);
- Management Backgrounds;
- Shareholder Records (even if it’s just you);
- Investor Payback Scenarios;
- State(s) (where the offering will be sold);
- Investment Layout;
- Names of all parties engaged in selling the offering (including broker-dealers);
- Bank where all investments will be held until closing, i.e., Escrow;
- Specific risks with regard to your industry; and
- We’ll have a few more questions for you.
Step 1: We review your business plan and identify the materials we’ll need to complete your PPM.
Step 2: We help you decide which financing structure works best for your particular situation, e.g., debt, equity, convertible, fund, etc.
Step 3: After we’ve helped you pinpoint your offering structure we then compile your PPM.
Step 4: We file your Form D at the SEC/Edgar (no filing fee for SEC).
Step 5: We file your Form D into the NASAA Electronic Filing Depository. This covers filings for 44 states (see the list below for excluded states). We file your docs, you pay the state fees separately (we provide a form for paying the fees, which gets filed with your docs). Currently the following states charge fees:
- Alabama ($300)
- Arkansas ($500)
- Michigan ($100)
- Minnesota ($300)
- Nebraska ($200)
- Rhode Island ($300)
- Texas ($500)
NOTE: Some states are currently not participating in the NASAA repository system, which means we will need to ascertain their required docs and fees, separately, before they can be submitted. We include the doc prep in this service, but you will be required to pay the state fees separately (we provide a form); we then file the docs and your payment.
- New York